Great evening.
If one good thing came out of Ray cleaning out his old room at his mom's house, it was that he found gift certificates to the movies. And I've anxiously been awaiting M. Night Shyamalan's newest film, The Village.
So, I found a matinee showtime (cheaper & less busy-Ray hates busy theaters!) & we went to the movie at 4:45 this afternoon.
While not quite Signs (my fave of Shyamalan's), it was still quite good. You can't expect anything really scary, and some may be disappointed at the end, but I found that the more time that has passed since the movie ended, the more I like it.
I think the reason I like his movies so much is because of the way he tells a story. He makes you have to think if you really want to figure stuff out & he doesn't usually explain everything, leaving you to your assumptions. Plus, he has his actors move very slowly & adds in long pauses. :)
And like many of Shyamalan's movies, there's a twist ending. The problem is, kind of like Keith with The Sixth Sense, I figured it out beforehand. Not before the movie, but during the movie I leaned over to Ray & said, "I bet the twist is..." & at the end of the movie, I was right. And Ray figured out the other twist in the middle of the movie.
But that's all I'm going to say. I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed it more after it was over. It definitely wasn't as funny as Signs either. :)
No comments :
Post a Comment