Amazing day.
I didn't go into work nor did I help Ray with work. I only slightly cleaned the house.
Of course of all days I'm at home Ray had to leave at 6:30 this morning to help his dad work on the house he's building. I got up, made Ray breakfast, & went back to bed after he left. I didn't wake up again until 10:00. Simply amazing. At least for me.
Yesterday I was riding such an adrenaline high...it felt like I'd had three shots of espresso when in reality all I'd eaten that day was an old piece of pizza & some water.
Unfortunatlt the "high" didn't last too long & around 11:30 I started to crash. I was never much of a napper when I was young but yesterday I felt that if I could go home I would go straight to bed. I think it came from two days of tension & anxiety, aticipating the final project & working out the details.
The great news is that our meeting with the professor went GREAT! Our group was supposed to be a consulting firm for the GolfLogix company (they manufactur GPS devices for golfers - yes, not too thrilling & I now know more about golf than I ever thought I would).
Anyway, our professor acted as the rep from GolfLogix & we were supposed to go over the Strengths & weaknesses of his company, as well as their opportunities & threats. This was the section he'd told me on the phone we wouldn't have to talk about in the meeting - unfortunately he forgot he told me this so I didn't prepare any notes on this section. I was pulling everything I could from memory & for the most part that went okay (thankfully he later remembered he'd told us we could skip this in the meeting & moved on).
Overall, the professor told us we were the best group he'd met with out of both of his classes. He, literally, was speachless at times because he would bring up a normal objection for this company & then in the same breath tell himself that we already had an answer that fixed that objection. He kept telling us how great our ideas were, that nobody else had made these recommendations before, & that he was completely behind us on our ideas (YEA!!!). I was thrilled. Kim (my amazing group member) & I did SO much work for this project & it was great to have it pay off.
We were told we received an "A" & then my life at USF was over! (Can't you tell I'm sad?) :)
And what did I do today besides sleeping in & cleaning. Well, I went down to the apartment pool & broke my cardinal rule of never tanning. Of course I lathered on so much sun screen that nothing much happened. (I'm the person who would rather have pale skin now rather than gain a tan that will last a few days but lead to old, leathery, wrinkly skin in 10-20 years.) The cool pool felt GREAT though.
I made a frozen pizza & then jetted over to International mall to use my gift certificate for Hollister. Unfortunately their clothes are made for little 12 year olds with no boobs. I've tried on so many of their shirts & lots of them are see through & about two sizes too small. So, I will gladly sell my $50 gift certificate to anyone who is able to wear their clothes. Seriously, I'd love the cash.
I then drove down the street to Westshore mall & right as I pulled into the parking lot I thought I recognized Avril, from church, who also works with Ray.
Sure enough I parked right next to her car then quickly walked to catch up & say hi. She was with her husband, Jim, & my friend Ruth's sister, Hannah, who had just flown in from Michigan last night. They were on their way to Haggan Daz in the mall & invited me to go with them (Jim's treat). It wasn't a difficult decision & the ice cream was really good!
After that, I made my way inside the mall to Old Navy, to which I had another gift certificate, & thankfully it didn't take me long to find two shirts & a pair of jean shorts (yea! I haven't owned jean shorts in YEARS!).
I made it back home, stopped at the pool again, & now here I sit.
No comments :
Post a Comment