Sunday, June 6, 2004

Weekend

Busy day, busy weekend.



Friday night was date night. I confess, I wanted to see the new Harry Potter movie. I love the books & the first two movies were pretty good. Ray, on the other hand, has not read the books & hasn't really seen the movies so he was a bit relucatant. But he was also kind & we went to the drive-in to see the movie.



First we stopped at a house that's for sale. We're still looking for something to buy ourselves. This one was nice. It was a little small, less than 1600 square feet but it had some great upgrades. The problem Ray kept pointing out was that there was no place to put the tv - I call it a poor layout. It was open but not in a convenient way.













We also stopped to wash Ray's very filthy car. He did the washing, I was in charge on inserting the quarters as our time ran low.













Next we stopped to get milkshakes at Checkers, to drink at the drive-in.









Because Ray has a difficult time keeping his eyes open with the flash going off I thought if we did a "far off in the distance" look he'd be able to keep them open. It didn't work.









Unfortunately, it started raining right as the movie started. Well, it only sprinkled a little but it was still annoying.









Thankfully the rain stopped after a few minutes & for the most part we were able to enjoy the movie.













The movie was good too. Not as good as the book of course. And even though the movie is nearly 2 1/2 hours long the time flew by because there's so much of the story to tell. Compared to the book everything seemed kind of skimmed over, but it was good. The bogarts, dementors & marauders may were all pretty cool.



No comments :

Post a Comment