Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Memorial Day

Yesterday morning I actually slept in until 8:30 (so rare!) - being up until after 2 in the morning attributed to that I think. It was really just a lazy morning, trying not to be bummed that I would probably spend all day doing nothing at home. Especially since Ray had to work later in the afternoon.



Thankfully, shortly after 11:00, Mom called to see if she & dad could come over. I was so thrilled! Funny thing is, it's not as if we did anything that was all that different from what I would have done - grocery shopping, watching a movie, cooking dinner. But it was so much nicer having them there with me.



Mom was kind enough to rent us two new movies (using the 99 cents card of course!). She also bought us food for lunch, dinner, & dessert (& did pretty much all of the cooking!).



It was funny going grocery shopping with mom though. I started off pushing the cart (that's normally how I do things when I grocery shop), but after a short while Mom took over. I guess 20+ years of grocery shopping has ingrained in her that she needs the cart. But it made me feel like a little kid again. Not in a bad way, but since I wasn't responsible for getting groceries I was following closely behind mom, watching her pick out what she wanted, sometimes I was left waiting with the cart, which usually meant I played around by standing on it, etc. I also didn't have to find any groceries so I just goofily stared at the frozen foods, probably in everybody else's way.



All I'm saying is that I think a situation makes you act differently. I'm usually a very mature person when I'm out at the grocery store - really. But this time I felt like I was about 10 years old again. It was actually kind of fun to know that's still in me. :)



No comments :

Post a Comment