Thursday, June 24, 2004

Edit: Everyone check out Leah's blog & leave a nice comment. :) I just found out she had one!!!



Everything's just busy busy busy. So much to post about & not enough time!



My car is in the shop again, hopefully it will be ready today. Until then Ray's been driving me back & forth to work (probably one of the few times he's been outside at 6:30am in recent years!). :)



Three weeks left of classes. For as much work as I have to do in that short amount of time I'm amazingly not too stressed about it. Maybe it's because I know once these three weeks are over I'm done for good. No going back a month later or anything like that. A bit of a relief actually. And because this is an exit class, usually the last one you take before graduation, we have a lot of people in there graduating this summer. I think this has made a lot of us not care what grade we get, as long as we pass. That's pretty much how I'm feeling now too.



The good thing is that the class is quite interesting. The bad thing is that it's a lot of work. We have to study up on actual business cases (it takes about 10 hours to prepare for each case) & pretty much completely analyze the company, financials, & their marketing strategy. Plus we have to come up with new marketing strategy's etc. for them The part that keeps us on our toes is that the professor treats the class like a business meeting so everyone is expected to contribute (60% of your grade right there) & every once in awhile he'll do the dreaded deed of calling on someone who hasn't volunteered any information.



But, except for the financial aspects, I find most of it pretty interesting, especially coming up with the marketing plans & suggestions & all. Now if only I could find a job to go along with this degree tht doesn't have to do with sales....



Anyway, things are just really busy. Working for Ray has picked up a bit for me & it takes up quite a bit of time (but at least it's kind of fun too).



So that's all for now. And congratulations to Megan for selling another painting!





Ray Charles: $152.50







No comments :

Post a Comment