I used to get so excited about the New Year. I guess I still do a little bit, but it doesn't quite hold the same intrigue as it used to.
Ray & I went to the party my boss had which was lots of fun. We didn't get there until nearly 6:00 but we stayed for five hours. And today after work my boss' 14-year-old daughter is hanging out at Hyde Park with me. I don't feel like spending more money on food so I think I'll eat some soup before I go. I DO feel like spending money on a frappuccino though...I have a hard time resisting those.
I had previously planned on spending all of New Year's Day at home getting work done. I'm beginning to think that cleaning & doing projects is almost therapeutic for me. And I do believe that Ray think's that's crazy. At least he gets a clean house! The other day he told me to just relax & watch tv & stuff. BUt the house was a mess. And he didn't understand my logic in that I can't relax until the house is clean. You know, otherwise it keeps on weighing on me that I'm going to eventually need to clean & I can't enjoy relaxing. Make sense to anyone besides mom? :)
Anyway, last night I ended up driving over to Ray's dad's in Dade City & having some dinner with them (his step-mom is quite the cook). I'm sure I've mentioned the house that they're building too-it's about 6,000 square feet, three stories, VERY NICE. The pantry truly is nearly as big as my bedroom growing up. The house still isn't done yet, but it's getting there so we ate out on the bottom porch & had a big bonfire in the backyard. The marshmallows tasted especially good last night.
And, I finally saw "Finding Nemo" last night which was really cute. After watcing it I spend several minutes trying to find the Easter Eggs on the DVD but only found a few of them.
I'm also planning on telling the family I teach piano to that this is my last month of doing so. I just don't ahve time to keep up with it, especially since it equates to over an hour of driving. That's a big part of it. I hope they take it okay.
So now it's a bowl of soup for lunch & then hopefully Hyde Park where my coffee awaits me.
No comments :
Post a Comment